Recently while working on my first ESB POC I faced one strange issue. I was using BRE Resolver to resolve the map name for transformation, however I was getting below error.
Error Message:- There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: “Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Pipelines.ItinerarySelectReceiveXml, Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Pipelines, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35” Source: “ESB Dispatcher” Receive Port: “GetEmpRequest_RP” URI: “E:\Prashant\POC\IN\*Copy*.xml” Reason: The map name was not provided and is required.
I tested my Rule using “Test Policy” functionality in “Business Rule Composer” which was giving the expected output. I even looked into the ESB Traces using Debug View but all in vain.
I was using “Microsoft.Practices.ESB.ResolverProviderMessage” as Document Type as suggested in many tutorials and videos.
After struggling for hours and I found the below blog-
Which suggests that the type of the incoming message is mistakenly determined to be “Microsoft.Practices.ESB.ResolveProviderMessage” i.e. Resolve instead of Resolver.
Later by making Document Type as above things started working.
But this proves how little time and money Microsoft has invested in development of ESB Toolkit.
@Gmail, @Facebook , @Twitter, @LinkedIn , @MSDNTechnet, @My Personal Blog